How will you follow the Dons Next Season

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Elvis suffers late Hart(ley)break

I said after the last game against Hibs I still had concerns about our team. I also thought Falkirk would give us a much tougher game then Hibs did on Saturday.
I was not totally surprised when Falkirk took the lead as we had not really created many chances.
I was disappointed with the lack of fight our team seemed to have after Mcghee and the players had been in the press all week saying how important the game was and how it was time to pay back the fans for our support.
In the 2nd half we seemed to play better and it was good to see Hartley get a goal from open play. After we scored I thought we would keep at them but then we went back to how we had played in the 2nd half.
Then Hartley took the game by the horns like a man possessed.  He was telling the other players where to position themselves and what there jobs were. It was great to see the Aberdeen captain do the captains job. Mark Kerr would have run and hide. I think Hartley is one of the best captain we have had for many years. Possibly the best since we had Mcleish.
I missed the end of the game as I was working and had decided I was not staying late to listen to the game as I had a feeling if anyone was going to score  before extra time it was going to be Falkirk .
I was pleasantly surprised to come home and find we had won via a late Paul Hartley penalty.
It is also great to get one up on Pressley the Falkirk Manger who I and many other Aberdeen fans cannot stand.
I was not happy with  the performance and we really need to buck up our idea's as I think most SPL teams would have beaten us tonight.
So once again Mcghee lives to fight another day.
St Mirren in Paisley is our next big must win game. It will be interesting to see how we approach this game.
But for now I am just going to enjoy the evening and enjoy the fact we are in a cup semi final.


Stand Free

1 comment:

  1. Nae bad title pun but here's a better one... Hartley gets Dons out of a Jam lol

    ReplyDelete