How will you follow the Dons Next Season

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Aberdeen show no Heart

It was my hope with the international break that we would get some of our injured players back and get some kind of good form going. Hearts have not exactly been setting the heather on fire this season either so this was a chance to get 3 points at home.
We did get Aluko and Hartley back Velicka made his long awaited debut.
In reality it sounded a really poor game with very few clear cut chances form either team. And a draw probably would have been a fair result. I thought Hearts were really dirty at time and Kevin Kyle was lucky to see the end of the game.
Aberdeen really created nothing and with 1 point out of a possible 18 and now Hibs who just fired their manager climbing above us Mcghee must be starting to worry.
I have said it before and I will say it again I really believe Mchgee is out of his depth.
What I really did not understand was when we were 1-0 down with 8 minutes left, we had Micheal Paton on the bench who looked good and brought some life to the team last time out until he was wrongly sent off.
We even went to the hassle of getting his red card wiped off the record so he would be available for this game and we bring on an untried 16yo. No disrespect to the kid who I have read has been playing well for the U19 team, but was this really the right moment to give him a run out in the 1st team.?
I think time is really running out for Mcghee and defeat next week against Hibs maybe the final straw for some.
I would be surprised to see Mcghee in the dugout come 2011 unless things improve dramatically.
What are your thoughts on Mcghee? How long would you give him?

No comments:

Post a Comment