How will you follow the Dons Next Season

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Saint's V Sinners

Aberdeen were up against St Johnstone at home in a game that they really needed to win.

St Johnstone are low on confidence and on a losing streak, Aberdeen also on a losing streak but looked ready for the battle. I said last week I felt we showed enough in the second half v Rangers that we could beat St Johnstone. I predicted a tight 2-1 win.

I was going to blog after I saw the sending off incident but Mcghee's after match comments have really been eating at me.
It seems that 0-0 v St Johnstone at Pittodrie is a acceptable result in Mark Mcghee's eyes. He basically said if McArdle was not sent off we would have held out for the 0-0.
I will comment more on the sending off when I see the highlights.

I thought Zander did a bit better this week and was unlucky to score the own goal.

Our next game is away to Killie who I watched give Rangers a tough game this morning, I really cannot see us take anything from a ground where so many Aberdeen managers over the years have seen their Pittodrie career end.

Things could have been so much different if Sone Aluko had scored his sitter in the 1st half.
We need to take these chances.

So Mark Mcghee, McArdle did not lose us the game, the ref did not lose us the game, Mcghee and HIS players (remember he said last season "Don't judge me till I get my own players in")  lost us the game.

Stewart Milne and the Aberdeen board have some tough decisions to make over the coming weeks.

Maybe Donald Trump will make a visit to the board room when he next visits his golf course and say, "Mark Mcghee, your fired"



Stand Free


Edit Sunday 21st November

Having seen the tackle by McArdle I have to say a red card was a bit harsh, It was a 2 footed tackle but there was no intention to get the man, he went for the ball. But the rules say a 2 footed tackle is a red card so it was a stupid tackle for McArdle to make, knowing there was a chance he could be sent off.

2 comments:

  1. What's everyone else's opinion on the tackle or the game in general

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have seen players get away with tackles like that, that is why the Scottish referees are poor they are not consistant enough.
    Well they are consisantly poor.
    I think they look at the teams and then depends in what like a mood they are in that day that decides what like a game I they will have.
    Managers are interviewed immediately after a game so why should refereees not do the same.
    Dons had chances and if they had scored first it might have made all the difference.
    Two poor teams and the usual poor match.

    ReplyDelete