How will you follow the Dons Next Season

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Mcghee continues to smash the records at Aberdeen

The fact that I had predicted 7-1 in the Donstalk match predictor already meant I was not expecting much from this game , in fact I was expecting a hammering, it still hurt to see 9 goals fly past Jamie Langfield in the Aberdeen goal. Not since the days of  Ebbe Skovdahl and Steve Paterson had Aberdeen witnessed defeats like this at Parkhead. This was actually worse than any of the previous results and is a new SPL record
I said after last weeks match at St Mirren we are at the lowest of the low's and some people told me it was not that bad, well if this is not the lowest point I am fearful of the future.
Aberdeen were never really in the game and came to try and stop Celtic playing. We had a couple of chances early on but when Hartley got sent off and we went 1-0 down the heads just dropped.
I think the ref called the game as he saw it today I had no complaint about the penalties or the sending off.
Langfield may have been a little lucky but I think there were defenders covering and thats why he never saw red.
Celtic deserved their victory but Aberdeen made it easy for them, that has to be blamed not only on the players but on the tactics that were used. The wrong tactics have been used too many times not only this season but last season also.
The big question is, where do Aberdeen go from here? They play the other half of the Old Firm next weekend with Caley  in midweek. I really cannot see Mcghee go on from here and would not be surprised if there is a Pittodrie press conference on Monday if not sooner.
I have nothing against Mcghee, he was a great player for us in the 80's and I even find some of his comments on Red TV amusing, but he is clearly out of his depth.
Please do the honorable thing and walk now.


Stand Free

2 comments:

  1. Now this IS the lowest of the lows. Although he can't be held entirely responsible for this thrashing, Hartley the hero of so many games recently really cocked up as did most of our team but Mcghee has to hold his hand up and admit he got it wrong and do the honerable thing and walk.
    I wish it had worked out with him cause what we need is stability, changing managers every few seasons is not good....but then again sticking with a bad one is worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was out in the car and did not want to know the score as I to was expecting a 6.0 defeat curiosity got the better of me and when I heard 6.0 I swithched off, When home put the radio on for the results 9.0. I felt sorry for the supporters who had travelled to watch a dismal show by their team. OK holding for about 20 mins then disaster and embarrassment at the end.
    Management and players must look at theselves, the 3rd division would be the level for a lot of them if they were lucky enough to get a game there.
    Drastic changes required to turn the club around starting now.
    Game v ICT in midweek lucky to have 5,000 there watching so no money for players in January.
    I think an Advertisement in the papers on Monday
    Wanted someone with loads of money and stupid enough to put it into AFC. Apply ASP

    ReplyDelete