How will you follow the Dons Next Season

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hamilton pay the penalty

It was a must win game, with season ticket sales down and many fans losing faith in Mark mcghee nothing less than a victory would do.
People just looking at the stats will say 3 penalties that's why we won but Aberdeen run the Hamilton defence ragged Aluko and Pawlett were using their pace and Mensing and Jack could not handle them, Aluko won 2 of the 3 penalties.
Paul Hartley took on the captains role by taking responsibility at the penalties, scoring all 3 and getting a deserved if not unusual debut hat trick. I was pleased with the team performance. there was not one player who was not trying or was not playing well. There was not one time the commentator said the word we heard so often last year, and the mistake by (insert Aberdeen players name) that led to the goal.
Howard in goal did well when called upon and even set up a few chanced with his long range kicks.
The defence looked solid which builds confidence amongst the whole team.
I am not Mark Mcghee's biggest fan, well thats not true, I like Mark Mcghee for what he achieved here as a player but said many times last season he was out of his depth. I had no confidence he could turn us around. I am not completely won over after 1 game even though it was 4-0 but this went along way towards Manager Mcghee winning me over.
I am not proud and I would love him to prove me wrong in my assessment of him after last season.
My only worry now is can they stand the pressure, no one expected much from the team, but after this performance and result, many people will be putting pressure on them to play like this week in week out. they have set the standards, now they must keep those standards.

Stand Free

No comments:

Post a Comment