How will you follow the Dons Next Season

Saturday, August 21, 2010

The 2 sides of Aberdeen

Last season there were 2 sides to Aberdeen, the team that battled and won and the team that gave up and lost. And normally both teams played a half each game. This season we have seen both sides of Aberdeen. The side with flair which ripped apart Hamiltion last week, and the team that grind. They played against a well organised Saint Johnstone team today and did not give up trying to get that winner. They were rewarded in the 86th minute with a Darren Mackie goal.
Last season they would have given up or made a stupid mistake to let Saint Johnstone score a goal but the defence stayed tight and they kept pushing.
I will admit that when I saw that Hearts had won 4-0 earlier against Hamilton I did wonder if Hamilton had made us look good last week. But after the performance in a game that pre season I had said I would settle for a draw my doubts were put aside.
Mark Mcghee has taken another step in giving me faith that he is the man for the job.


Stand Free!

No comments:

Post a Comment