How will you follow the Dons Next Season

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Aberdeen Stop Hearts

I said in my previous blog that I would be happy with a draw from today's game with Hearts, but after the game I think we had enough chances to win the game and the Hearts Keeper kept them in it.

People who don't follow the game never get it when I say you can get a good nil nil draw, but this was one of those games. It was far from a bore and Aberdeen were constantly looking dangerous and even though we were never really in any danger Hearts did get a break away now and again and look dangerous.

I felt a bit sorry for Young who has played well in recent weeks and was dropped to the bench for Hartley to come back into the starting line up.

I was pleased with Andrew Considine who came in to replace the injured Zander Diamond, in my opinion Zander has been a liability this season and may struggle to get back in the team if the defence keep performing like they did today. I know going by reading what people are saying on Donstalk that I am not alone in thinking it would not hurt Aberdeen if Zander was to move on at the end of the season.

The point puts us level on points with Dundee United and Saint Johnstone, Dundee United who as I write this are down 1-0 to Hamilton and Saint Johnstone who play Rangers on Sunday and have a very slim chance of coming away from Ibrox with anything.
We play both teams over the next 9 days.

So apart from the Celtic game which a win would have been a bonus the only real blip in February was the defeat to Motherwell. If we had won that game Craig Brown might have been up there as a contender for Manager of the month.
Oh how times have changed from the dark days of 2010.


Stand Free

1 comment:

  1. Dundee United scored in the 83rd minute to make it 1-1 so are now 1 point ahead of us.

    ReplyDelete