How will you follow the Dons Next Season

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Maguire makes Hamilton pay the Penalty

After a five star performance on Saturday against Kilmarnock, I thought today's game would be a hard battle.
Hamilton are scraping for points and I knew they would try to do anything in their power not to lose the game.

Chris Maguire calmly stepped up and took the penalty that turned out to be the only goal of the game.

After the way the team played on Saturday I was glad to see Paul Hartley did not walk straight back into the starting line up. The players that played on Saturday earned their start for tonight's game.

It was a nervous game at times and it sounded like Jamie Langfield once again made a few good saves to keep us in the lead.
The last five minutes Hamilton were really putting on the pressure but out defence stood strong and took the three points.

With fifteen points between us and bottom place Hamilton I think we can safely look up towards the teams we are chasing and not down at the relegation dog fight.

Craig brown has made us tough to beat and I look forward to Saturday's game against Hearts.
Hearts are going well at the moment and are running away with third place, it is going to be a tough game and I would be lying if I said I would not be happy to take a point from this game.


Stand Free

No comments:

Post a Comment