How will you follow the Dons Next Season

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

All aboard the Managerial Merry go round

Mark McGhee's reign as Aberdeen Manager came to an end this afternoon.
I have been saying for Months that Mcghee was out of his depth and had to go and I am glad the board have finally seen sense.
I take no pleasure from the decision, I had hoped after the first two games of the season that McGhee was going to prove me wrong.
In fact I am sad it never worked out, McGhee is still a hero of mine after his playing days at Pittodrie.
I would like to wish Mark all the best for the future.

But what now for Aberdeen F.C ? I would not be opposed to them doing a Killie and bringing someone in to steady the ship till the end of the season then make a permanent appointment.
One thing is for sure, the Aberdeen board need to take their time before making a decision.

A number of names have been mentioned, some good in my opinion and some not so good.
I don't envy Stewart Milne and Co having to make that choice.

I blogged about Gordon Strachan previously he is available for no compensation fee but could we match his wage demands?
Terry butcher is another name mentioned but some fans have already brought up the Ex Rangers player point and he could be fighting a losing battle before his first game.
As someone else said Fergie was an Ex Rangers player and look what he did with us.

So as we await an announcement from the board about an interim appointment I will go and write my C.V.


Stand Free

2 comments:

  1. Feel free to leave a comment on any other names you would like to see in the Aberdeen hotseat.
    The names in the poll are names mentioned on various message boards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont think a former Dons player is the right way to go at the moment. Butcher might be a good choice? While he's there he could fix the door he broke. lol

    ReplyDelete