How will you follow the Dons Next Season

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Another False Don

With the great start to the season I kind of put the Killie game down to a bad day at the office, I said in my last blog about Aberdeen that how Aberdeen reacted after the Killie defeat would show the Character and fight of this team. We started well against Dundee United going at them from the kick off, we forced a great save from the United goalie but then United broke and it was 1-0. I could not believe that we were 3-0 down after 9 minutes. Although according to the AFC commentary team it was a soft penalty and there was a possible foul on the goalkeeper at the 2nd goal.
Even still this was turning into a reminder of how bad last season was.
Mark Mcghee had started building some of my confidence in him as the man to turn us around, now my confidence is shot and I am back to feeling the same way I felt at the end of last season.
We have 2 more tough games this month with Motherwell away next week and then Rangers at Pittodrie in 2 weeks. I really can see us getting no points out of Septembers games.
The way the team seemed to give up in the 2nd half disappointed me, we had 1 shot on target.
The other scary thing is after Motherwell we play Raith Rovers in the League cup and if confidence is low after the Motherwell game there could well be another embarrassing defeat to a lower league team in the cups.
Lets hope I am wrong and things pick up.


Stand Free!

No comments:

Post a Comment