How will you follow the Dons Next Season

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Fail Fail the Dons are here

Ever look forward to something all week and then it comes and you are left disappointed?
If you are a Dons fan then the answer is probably yes.

After the good showing at Parkhead last week, I had been looking forward to today's game. I really thought if we continued from where we left off last weekend we could give this a real good go.
Today is my birthday and the one gift I wanted was the Dons to win a place in the cup final.

Neil Lennon had done his homework, he knew we would start nervous and had obviously seen the errors made against Inverness in midweek, errors you get away with against the lesser teams but not against Celtic or Rangers.

Celtic came right at us, at this point my computer decided to restart itself after doing an update and by the time I got back online we were 2-0 down.
The final straw was the 3rd goal and I left the room shaved and went outside to snow blow the driveway.
I have not stopped watching or listening to a Dons game for a long time but could not bare this, not on my birthday.

When I returned from the welcome break outside in below freezing temperatures it was 4-0 and the halftime break was almost done.

I braved the second half and saw Scott Vernon's consolation goal, which did not even lift my spirits. The damage was done and there was no way back.
We seemed to play better in the second half but I think that was more down to Celtic taking their foot off the gas rather than Aberdeen's performance.

I felt gutted at the end, not because we lost but because of the way we lost.
I really feel for the near 14,000 fans who made the trip to the national stadium.
And to have lost so early, we did not really get a chance to enjoy the occasion, the game was dead before most fans had even settled into their seats.

I think Craig Brown made a mistake with the starting formation, and I think from what I have seen from Craig he will be the first to admit that, but he was also let down by his players.

All we can do is get back on the horse and start again, and hope that the team can take something from their next game against ......Celtic, hang on didn't we just play them like twice???
Some times the fixture list is so cruel.


Stand Free

No comments:

Post a Comment